Translate

Saturday 6 July 2013

Fantasy vs reality

Ahhhhh, fantasy!  It's a wonderful thing, isn't it?  It's what gets me through my work week, or sometimes even just workDAY.  Seeing my desk full of stuff that all needs my attention yesterday, I drift off momentarily to my beautiful Caribbean island, where the only thing that anyone wants of me is my next drink order.   Ahhhh, heaven!  And then the reality of my boss breathing down my neck returns me to reality like a splash of freezing cold water.  Oh well.

I have discovered that fantasy plays a huge part in IR interactions on the 'Net.  So far, I am still fairly new to the real-life aspect of IR, but some of the fantasies are pretty "out there", to my mind.  Sometimes, I read some of the postings and think "If this is really what's it's like, then I don't belong here!"  I was always raised to be a "good girl", and I know my mother was upset with me that I moved in with my boyfriend before we got married, because "good girls didn't do that!"  So, my fantasies always tended to be more along the lines of Harlequin Romance.  So, it was a huge eye-opener to read postings by women who say they want to be raped by several men, or postings by white men who say that they really want their wife to be gang-banged and left pregnant to carry a black baby.  Now, I'm not saying that there aren't real people who have fantasies like this, but wow!  Nothing like that had ever entered my stream of consciousness!

Even when I have had an IR experience, I have always had to let reality seep in.  Condoms.  As much as I was really into the sexual experience, and would have loved to feel my lover bare inside me, I had to realize the risks.  Every person we are with, unprotected, could have been given something by a previous lover that we wouldn't appreciate being passed on to us.  Because, even if their former lovers all said they were clean, one of their previous lovers could have lied to them.  And thus, something is started that you will then have to deal with.  So, personally, I always feel that it's better to play safe, at least until real trust is built up.  Others may feel differently.  In fact, if you go by postings, my concern for safety seems to be in the minority.  But, ultimately, I would rather let a bit of reality creep into my fantasy than have to spend a lifetime living a reality I would rather not be living.  And, if a guy doesn't respect me enough to care for my health as much as I do, then he's not someone I feel comfortable sharing a bedroom romp with.

With my last lover, though, he talked about filling me with his seed, to overflowing, while he was inside me, and I loved the fantasy of that, knowing that he was wearing a condom, and we could still be safe while enjoying the fantasy.  Sex, to me, is 90% what goes on between the ears, and 10% physical.  So, I still got my fantasy.  And it was oh, so good.    :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment